Saturday, May 03, 2008

"Give her thirty seconds..."

It's just about that time to wrap things up and graduate. I'm putting the final touches on my DJ resume as I recorded some bites from my final on-air shift Thursday evening. I have also taken suggestions from my professional contacts in the field such as Doug Sicchitano from PCN and Stevi Nelson from WTAE and updated my resume and website.

For example, Sicchitano suggested, as has my professor Mr. Weaver before, to consider placing my experience above my degree from Westminster simply because a lot of those doing the hiring want to see what you have done in the real world before they look to see what coursework and degree you have completed. Nelson recommended placing a description next to the elements of my sales portfolio, as shown above. This way, I can explain more of the sales process and therefore, make myself more marketable and impress more individuals in the sales world.
The fact that my college career in broadcasting is coming to a close is quite sad, but I'm glad I have made so many contacts with professionals in the real world thanks to my career at Westminster, and more specifically thanks to my senior project. It's great to know I have a lot more friends out there willing to help me rather than just my college professors.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

WHOO HOO! I'm not the only one who's for putting EXPERIENCE first.