Sunday, April 27, 2008

Capstone Presentation...CHECK!

It's almost over! This week Pamela Marlowe and I presented our broadcast capstone presentations to Broadcast faculty, fellow majors, and friends.
I feel like this was an eye-opening experience for almost everyone there because I don't know how many people actually realize what I have been doing this semester. A lot of those in attendance have no idea what my internship at WPXI entails or that I designed a media guide for my father's baseball team, so it was nice to show off some projects and experiences that others don't seem me doing on a daily basis.
I also enjoyed debuting my website which showcases all of my work from sales to graphics, as well as my DJ and news work. I have a few minor adjustments to make on the website, but in general it's a great tool for me to use to market myself for employment and keep a record of my college portfolio after my time is finished at Westminster.
One step closer to completing my coursework and 21 days until graduation, I am pleased with my personal progress and accomplishments.

2 comments:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Consider what telling your story might have on others in the major or working here at Westminster. Your story is quite amazing with your broad, ever-changing, constantly growing and advancing yourself experience. It should force anyone disconnected with what they study or teach or live to realize PASSION for learning through doing is KEY to success. CONGRATULATIONS!