Saturday, April 19, 2008

A JOB!

It's official folks, I have a job after I graduate! I have taken a radio sales position with Cumulus Youngstown selling time on HOT 101 and Rock 104.

I'm very excited, and have already started preparing for the position. First of all, I will need to move to the area, so I've been looking for apartments. More importantly I have been gathering sales materials that I use for research and presentations such as documents from my RAB Radio Marketing Professional class as well as the book and notes from my class in Broadcast Sales and Advertising on campus.


However, the most satisfying and ironic occurence about the search for a career was what happened when I came in for the meeting to determine whether I would take the offer. After I had signed some paperwork to come on board with the stations, another general sales manager I met previously came in to the market managers office. He jokingly asked if I had sold anything yet, and the market manager said, "She sold me." This is such a coincidental statement considering the title of capstone presentation this week "Selling Myself...It's Not What You Think."

I'm very eager to finish up my career here at Westminster, and extremely thrilled to know that the hands-on experience I have had has lead me to a promising career.

2 comments:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Now I can check you off my list.

Sky said...

yay you got a job! I hope it's going wonderfully! love you!