Friday, October 26, 2007

Busy Little Bee...

Although I'm not dressing up as a bumblebee for Halloween, I'm thinking it may have been a better choice. I feel like a "busy bee" trying to catch up after the college's fall break. Now it's back to the grind, and there's no stopping now.

My first accomplishment of the week was passing my Radio Advertising Bureau Final Exam with a score of 90 out of 100. I'm waiting to hear back from them on how to obtain my physical diploma, but it feels great to be a certified Radio Marketing Professional.

Secondly, I am working on my alumni presentation for capstone. My alumni, Stevi Nelson, graduated last year and is currently working in television sales at WTAE in Pittsburgh. We are close friends, and actually were sales partners in class while she attended Westminster. She's an idol to me because it's rare that a TV station hires a salesperson with no professional experience, but she obviously made an impression right out of college. Hopefully she can give me some tips from what she did to land me my dream job in a few months.

Finally, I have started the internship hunt for next semester. Earlier this week, I sent out applications to three stations in Pittsburgh for sales internships - 105.9 The X, WPXI-TV, and Stevi's employer, WTAE-TV. I hope to send out a few more internship applications before all is said and done, but I feel any of those three experiences would be very beneficial to me.

It's no secret that senior year is in full swing, but I'm hoping all of this hard work through classes, networking, and additional work off campus will position me at the top of employers lists in April and May.

No comments: