Saturday, January 26, 2008

A new semester!

This week was the start of a new semester, and my last one at Westminster. That's awfully scary to think about, but it's also somewhat of a relief. The main focus of this semester is my internship at WPXI which is still going very well. However, I still have two classes on campus including Capstone and Commercial Production. Capstone is exciting because it's a class that allows me to get together my portfolio(s) and prepare for a job after graduation.

Commercial production is a class that will help me add to my portfolio. I enjoy selling broadcast advertising , and since we do not have a production department on campus, I must also create the spots. This class will allow me to make more effective commercials for my advertisers. The more effective the advertising is the happier the customers are which means more business and easier closing. I'm really looking forward to the challenge this class poses and the better results and greater rewards I can gain from it.

Here are a couple of examples of commercials I think are very effective. Take a look!

Mac vs. PC
Dove Real Beauty Workshops

3 comments:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Wow- it seems just like yesterday that we were having that BC 410 class. I miss not having my hands in it.

Mike Wolenski said...

Why isn't Augustine's Pizza included on your list of effective spots?

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Look! Jill received a comment for Mike- The IGNITE Guru. I hope he shares his new skills with Chuck sometime.