Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Moment

You know which one I'm talking about. That scary crazy one that every senior dreads and loves at the same time. You guessed it - job application time!

I recently met back up with 2007 WC grad Stevi Nelson who's working as an account executive at WTAE in Pittsburgh. Stevi and I are still close friends so the meeting was mainly to catch up on things, but the conversation also included my future plans. I vaguely remember when Stevi was applying for jobs, but I couldn't fit it into a timeline. When I asked her when she started sending out her applications she said, "NOW!"

Needless to say, that statement gave me an extra push to get in gear. In the past week, I have started the process by updating my resume and searching for open positions at various stations. I have found openings in the three locations I am considering which are Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Youngstown. This week's activities will include getting in touch with some of my contacts to make sure I am on track and a trip to the Career Center to send out applications. However, I feel it's more exciting than scary to send out those resumes and cover letters.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Tap into those folks you can network with like Stevi.