Sunday, March 02, 2008

One More Time...

It's really hard to believe that in a little over two months, I'll be graduating from wonderful Westminster. What's even harder for me to comprehend is that last night was my final live remote broadcast.

I started as a remote crew member during basketball season of my sophomore year. I was simply on crew because I had to be thanks to remotes practicuum. By the end of that semester, I was committed to being Chief Engineer Chuck Chirozzi's work study student for the following school year and a permanent fixture on Titan Crew.

Out of all the activities and projects I have worked on through the department, I feel like the live broadcasts have been the most beneficial. Number one, I feel like there is no substitute for working during a live event or show. It's impossible to predict anything which really tests your skills and how you can adapt to different situations. Also, the remotes fulfilled my passion and love for sports since I usually ran graphics for at least thirty events in a single year. Finally, although it was fun, being a member of the crew was very demanding and time-consuming, but I feel like this prepared me for the real world. No matter what path I take after graduation, and especially if I go into the sales area, it's going to require a lot of hours and persistence because it's hard when you're just starting out. I still say working as crew for the live remotes was well worth the time and effort.

So thank you to fellow seniors Pamela Marlowe and Chris Norris for helping our last remote go so smoothly, and thanks to Chief Engineer Chuck Chirozzi for three years of great times and experience.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Ah- this is a good place to get those walks down memory lane unpacked. A great place to dig out old pictures and post them in the self-reflection and assessment process.

Get it out here because it's FORBIDDEN in the capstone presentation.