Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Wright Place Commercial

What I've decided to do because I'm still deciding whether to enter the sales or graphics fields when I graduate is to, with a few exceptions, blog every other week about the two. This week, I chose to do sales since my first couple weeks here my life revolved around that.

I wanted to focus on one client that I do a lot of work for, which would be The Wright Place Hair Salon in New Wilmington, Pennsylvania. It's a fun and trendy Paul Mitchell Focus Salon that has two educated stylists on staff - some of the elements I tried to play up in the :30 spot. I did all the production for the commercial from selling to editing except for voicing the actual spot.

When creating the spot, two things I have been taught through my sales class at Westminster and my online course through the RAB are the most important. This would be making it customer focused and the call to action. I used the opening lines, especially the first sentence, to fulfill the first "must." A key word is "you" because it addresses The Wright Place's customers directly. It's important not to talk about the services the business has, but to show the customer why they should go there. The call to action is at the end of the commercial, which is to call or go to the website. In this case, it is not only stated but displayed on the screen as well. You may have the best produced commercial in the world, but you should also take steps to ensure those watching know what to do next.

That's all for this week, tune in next week as I show off the new graphics I've created for our sports broadcasts and talk show.

No comments: