Sunday, September 30, 2007

We're going to Kentucky...

I'm finally back from Kentucky as the members of Titan Crew traveled there this weekend to broadcast the Westminster versus Thomas More football game. The best part was getting to use a semi-truck full of professional equipment provided to us by United States Broadcast.

Setting up and learning the new equipment was an overload of information for nearly everyone. However, we actually brought the CG from our remote truck for me to use. It was neat showing it off for Pete Beckett, the gentleman who let our crew use the truck. I also got to take over some of what would be audio's duties in our truck by giving the announcers their cues. I was excited to help out and experience another job as I have only done graphics for remotes.

After my machine was set-up, I checked out everyone else's stations in attempt to try and soak it all in. The fact that NBC Sports, CBS Sports, and ESPN have operated the equipment that our crew was able to use this weekend is absolutely awesome. This is definitely a day I will not forget.

No comments: